Friday, May 1, 2015

Journal Entry No. 12

4/28/YC117

Ah, it's been forever since I've been in my ship. It feels refreshing, even if I'm in one of the cheapest ships in existence. I decided since my skills were almost up to par, I might as well purchase the Myrmidon now, and then later a Dominix and then an Ishtar. I made my way over to Jita and checked my wallet to see what I was working with. Should be plenty enough, but just had to make sure I wasn't on a tight budget---

Shit. I thought. Since my Pilot's License was expiring, I transferred all of my funds to Kasurin's account. She won't like it if I come begging to her for my money back. Oh well, I thought, I need funds for combat.

"Hey, Thomas."
"Y-yes, Captain?" Thomas flinched.
I frowned. Why was he being so formal? "Open a communications channel with Miss Makise. I need to speak to her."
Thomas flinched again. "Captain... Are you on anything right now?"
"On anything? What do you mean?"
"I mean... Miss Makise is dead. We were never able to save her. The courier ship was destroyed, and she was destroyed along with it."
This is wrong. "Wh-what do you mean? There was an escape pod requesting to dock after we destroyed the ship, don't you remember?"
"No, sir, I don't."
"Where did my money go, then, hmm?"
"W-well... Captain, are you sure you're alright?"
I slammed my fist on my desk. "Of course I'm alright! Just tell me where my money went."
"I-it was slowly diminished when you began getting into narcotics, and then you went bankrupt." Thomas said shyly, as if he were afraid of being hit.
This feeling of disconnect. I've never taken any narcotics. "Just connect me to Kasurin, dammit! I've had enough of your jokes!"
"Who is Kasurin?"
My eyes glazed over in despair. "W-who is she? Do you really not know?"
"No sir, I don't."
"The name of the Makise we rescued! Don't you remember at all?!!"
"N-no sir." Thomas cringed again.
I frowned, confused. I flipped through my Journal. I'm sure I wrote about her, or at least mentioned her, in several of my Journal Entries.
Nothing.
There was no mention of a Kasurin Makise in my Journal Entries. Furthermore, even more disturbingly, it seemed as though I had become a ruthless Captain who viewed his crewmates as nothing more than object.
...Has CONCORD already made their move? Have they deactivated my Assistant's account and dragged her down to Zainou Biotech where she was headed originally?
Chills were sent down my spine. That still didn't explain the feeling of disconnect. My memories were different than my crew's memories. Even my written journal didn't match up with my memories!
What the hell is going on here...? I looked over to one of the only relics I had of my ancestor. It was a strange, modified Nixie tube. It worked using Quantum Entanglement in relation to small "pocket dimensions". I should know, I inspected it myself. What it was measuring, however, I could not figure out for the life of me. If only it still worked, then I might be able to find some hint as to---Huh?
I did a double-take on the device during my internal monologue.
It was working.
It was displaying a number: 0 . 5 7 1 0 4 6
---the hell?
Why is it working all of a sudden? It had never worked before. Hell, I didn't even know what it functioned off of---there was no place for a battery or capacitor or anything. It seemed as though it was to generate power from something and keep it stored temporarily using a supercapacitor, but the supercapacitor being used was so old that it is not manufactured anymore, and I couldn't just charge it up since the leads would probably break if I took it out of the perf board.
...
This is not the question at hand. Why does noone remember Kasurin? Why this feeling of disconnect? Even my own memories don't line up with my journal entries. I was never obsessed with power or narcotics such as it claims in my entries. And crew members... they're irreplaceable. Even as I switch between ships, each crew member of each ship I know by name and love. Granted, I talked to some more than others, but I still knew each by name.
The Sisters might know something. I'm sure if there was a Makise in hiding, the Sisters would be the first one they'd go to as the Sisters would be quite convenient in multiple ways---the Sisters are a research organization, like the Makise family, and are in nature part Amarr so the Makise family would have easy access to get within their organization.
...It might be confidential, though. I'll have to get my raise my standing with them quite a bit before they'll be willing to talk. For now, I'll just follow Captain's advice and mission with the Sisters of Eve for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment