Friday, July 24, 2015

Journal Entry No. 16

5/19/YC117

"Hold ship ransom-Ambush if destroyed" I typed out with a VR keyboard. I stowed it away for now, it wouldn't come in handy until the exact moment the Particle Accelerator was destroyed.
Later, at that instance, I willed it to be sent.
I felt a wave of vertigo. I felt dizzy, and my head hurt so bad I wanted to rip my brain out and claw into it.
"---just what was planned. The covert research facilities..." A girl was talking.
To me?
I couldn't concentrate. My brain felt like goo right now. I was trying moreso to stay alive right now.
"Oi, Takashi. Are you listening?"
She is talking to me. "Huh?"
"Ugh, I should've figured this was going to happen."
My nausea faded slowly. "What were we talking about again?" I asked.
"My money, and your money. It's dwindling. We're working on ideas to make more money."
"I have a bunch of loot in my hangar from missioning I could sell, should net me about 200 million, if things go well."
"Alright, looks like you're actually making money for a change. I also still have various Ascendancy implant blueprints as well as Shattered Villard Wheels. I'll have to haul the materials to a trade hub, but they should net me another 2-3 hundred million, depending on how much profit I can get from each Blueprint Copy. Maybe even more."
"Hey, Kasurin."
"What?"
"Do you mind... reminding me how I rescued you?"
"What, is this today's gloat thread?"
Thread? "Hm? It seems Kasurin is familiar with forums."
Kasurin blushed and turned away. "N-no! I just know that from a friend, that's it!"
I dropped it for now. "No, I really mean it." I searched for an excuse, because amnesia wouldn't cut it with her. "I got a systems analysis of my neural remapping a while back and the results stated that there was an error in the temporal lobe. It also stated long-term potentiation was likely left unaffected, but I'd like to ensure this fact. Since such an event was significant enough to leave a well-defined memory in both of our minds, it would reasonably be the easiest way to make sure that my long-term memories have not been affected."
Kasurin narrowed her eyes. "Fine. I was half-drugged at the time though, so I don't remember very much. You warped in and blasted the ship I was being carried in as an exotic dancer nearly to bits, but retracted drones and turrets at the last second, with less than 50% hull left. You demanded that the exotic dancer be jettisoned from the ship or the ship be destroyed. They complied quickly, after being threatened once or twice more with a single drone bringing them down to just below 10% hull. Spouting some nonsense about reinforcements should be arriving any time. They put me in an airtight jetcan. You scooped me up and provided me with clothes and a PLEX. However, despite them surrendering, you continued to fire at them, even trying to lock the capsule afterwards. And that's that, several months have passed, and now we're here."
I rubbed my temples and frowned. "It seems... that memory within my hippocampus was affected as well."

((Archive of during the event where Kasurin Makise disappeared is here. Blog posts past twelve will not change as Takashi has taken to committing them to memory. Keep note that we aren't back to the original; there's still an event going on.))

((This fiction story is limited use and is not officially endorsed by CCP.))

No comments:

Post a Comment